If there is a magic bullet for making your car last, this is it……
For over 40 years our customers have asked what the secret is to making a car last. Even though I could write a book on all the ways to do so, the fact is that people who drive their cars for 200,000 to 500,000 miles do ONE thing in common…..they get their oil changed by a professional mechanic every 3000-5000 miles religiously!
The reason why this works is pretty simple. The average person drives between 12-15 thousand miles per year. If your vehicle is getting an oil change by a professional 3-5 times per year, that professional is keeping an eye on the entire vehicle and can catch minor problems that are usually inexpensive to fix before they become major problems which are usually expensive to fix.
Having a professional mechanic change your oil every 3000-5000 miles gives you the following benefits:
- The price is usually not that much more than what you could buy the oil and filter for yourself.
- The professional has a bumper to bumper inspection that they do on every oil change that will keep you informed of your car’s condition.
- They will usually check your brakes and rotate your tires as part of the service.
- They can give you a maintenance plan that is spread out over time so you aren’t hit with everything all at once which keeps the monthly cost of ownership down significantly.
- Most mechanics are passionate about making cars last unlike the dealership whose purpose is selling new cars.
Changing your oil every 3000-5000 miles is the MAGIC BULLET in my opinion to making your car last and saving you a lot of your hard-earned money!